Finally, a New Chicken Salad Recipe!

Monday, January 4, 2010

The first time I tried this recipe, I had a huge leftover turkey breast that I just didn't know what to do with. I was so tired of the same turkey sandwiches that everyone makes with their leftover turkey, so I went into my fridge, and came up with the tastiest turkey salad I've ever had! The whole process took about 20 minutes from start to finish, and the ingredients are amazing. I tried the recipe again with chicken, and it was even better. Chicken, or turkey salad will never be the same again!

New Chicken Salad

3 Chicken Breasts, cooked and cooled
1 Celery Stalk, chopped
1 Scallion, chopped (green and white parts)
1 cup Light Sour Cream
1 Tablespoon Light Mayonnaise
2 Tablespoons Deli Mustard
1 Teaspoon Paprika
1 Tablespoon Black Pepper
1 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 cup Toasted Walnuts
20 Red Grapes, cut in half

Dice the three chicken breasts and place into a large bowl. Add the chopped celery, scallion, walnuts and grapes.
In a seperate bowl, combine the light sour cream, mayonnaise, mustard, paprika, black pepper, and salt. Mix well.
Pour the sour cream mixture over the other ingredients in the large bowl. Toss all of the ingredients together until everything is well coated.
Serve with warm pita pockets, or your favorite toasted sliced bread.

0 comments:

Post a Comment