Adobo Amanda Style

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Adobo is an important staple in the Caribbean community. I use it as a dry rub or seasoning salt in alot of my cooking. You can buy it already made in the supermarket or you can make a large batch for your pantry like I do, then you can add things to it and control what is in your seasoning. Im telling you, once you start using Adobo, its hard to stop.This is my large batch recipe. Enjoy!
Adobo recipe:
1 cup kosher salt
1/2 cup garlic powder
1/4 cup onion powder
1/4 cup dried oregano
3 Tablespoons black pepper
2 Tablespoons cumin
1 Tablespoon smoked spanish paprika
1 teaspoon dried thyme
Mix all of the ingredients well and store in an airtight container (I use a large glass jar with an air-tight lid). Label and keep in a cool dry place.

0 comments:

Post a Comment